After an adventure-packed New Jersey/Long Island/NYC weekend, I finally took off from JFK on Monday morning (the 15th) arriving in St. Thomas around 2pm. It was difficult to leave, but I was pleasantly greeted with not only 85 degree weather and ocean breezes, but also a welcome shot of rum. Gotta love that island
obsession with all things rum hospitality.
In the past few days, I have:
- gone to the beach several times
- gotten stuck in the pouring rain – climbed up a mountain in the pouring rain
- driven on the left side of the road (and only got a little lost…)
- gawked at $16 bottles of pomegranate juice
- forced my dogs to swim in the ocean
- dined with an iguana
- drank at least 4 different flavors of rum (guava, black cherry, mango, banana, coconut…ok at least 5)
- basked in the sun at the beach, if i didn’t already mention that
After that, I really only have a few more things to check off my list, like go snorkeling, buy a kayak, swim with sea turtles, and try a 6th and 7th flavor of rum. I’ll let you know how it all goes.